Sunday, March 2, 2008

Seabear

seabearband.jpg

Iceland. Home to a little over 300,000 people. Home to the popular children's program LazyTown and the magnificent waterfall Dettifoss. Home to the modern progenitors of heartachingly gorgeous melodies. Luminaries such as Bjork, Sigur Ros, and now. . .Seabear.

I could spin a yarn about the subtle complexity of the record, add a couple paragraphs about the existential beauty of the songs, perhaps even the an excessively verbose track-by-track analysis. I could tell you the single "I Sing, I Swim" alone would be worth the purchase price of the LP.

But all of that would only keep you from finding out for yourself one of the brightest new stars on the indie scene today, and you'll want all the time in the world to enjoy this beautiful, exquisitely crafted gem.

seabearrecord.jpg

"I Sing, I Swim" from The Ghost That Carried Us Away (2007)

"Libraries" from The Ghost That Carried Us Away (2007)

No comments: